Architectural & Engineering
Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith has worked extensively with design consultants such as architects and engineers. Our knowledge comes from team members’ years of experience directly in these industries, focused continuing education and successful consulting with similar businesses.
BMSS is committed to the architectural and engineering industries. Through our active involvement in organizations such as American Council of Engineering Companies and the Institute of Transportation Engineers, along with our deep relationship with the construction industry, we obtain a real understanding of key issues that affect architects and engineers.
How does BMSS help architects & engineers?
- Cost recovery studies to optimize depreciation deductions
- Energy efficient studies to deductions for design work (Tax Code Section 179D)
- Multi-state planning and tax strategy
- Overhead rate audits and consulting services (ALDOT, FARs, etc)
- Benchmarking and analytic review
- Structure of equipment debt and working capital financing
- Cash flow and profitability analysis
- HR consulting in areas such as worker’s compensation and insurance, employee screening, organizational structure, payroll and benefits
BMSS A&E Practice Group
Bill Lorimer and his wife, Marian, have four children - Christopher, Andrew, Bryson and Maegan. Bill is a resident of Hoover and attends Hunter Street Baptist Churc... read more
"I have worked closely with many people at BMSS and have been very impressed with the quality of service and personnel within the firm. I have been impressed with the firm’s process and dedication to client service."