Architectural & Engineering
BMSS has worked extensively architects, engineers and design consultants. BMSS understands the financial, managerial and operational issues faced by this industry. Our knowledge comes from team members’ years of experience, focused continuing education and successful consulting with similar businesses.
We are committed to the architectural and engineering industries. Through our active involvement in organizations such as American Council of Engineering Companies and the Institute of Transportation Engineers, along with our deep relationship with the construction industry, we obtain a real understanding of key issues that affect architects and engineers.
How does BMSS help architects & engineers?
- Advise how to better track and minimize job costs - changes that have an immediate impact on the bottom line
- Audits of Indirect Cost Rate and audits in accordance with Government Auditing Standards (Yellow Book)
- Benchmarking and analytic review
- Cash flow and profitability analysis
- Cost recovery studies to optimize depreciation deductions
- Energy efficient studies to deductions for design work (Section 179D)
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) overhead rate audits and consulting
- HR consulting in areas such as worker’s compensation and insurance, employee screening, organizational structure, payroll and benefits
- Inform of updates to the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ (AASHTO) new Uniform Audit & Accounting Guide
- Multi-state planning and tax strategy
- Research & Development (R&D) tax credits
- State & local taxes and business license issues
- Structure of equipment debt and working capital financing
BMSS A&E Practice Group
Bill Lorimer and his wife, Marian, have four children - Christopher, Andrew, Bryson and Maegan. Bill is a resident of Hoover and attends Hunter Street Baptist Churc... read more
"I have worked closely with many people at BMSS and have been very impressed with the quality of service and personnel within the firm. I have been impressed with the firm’s process and dedication to client service."