Our interest in your company goes far beyond handling your accounting, auditing and tax needs - Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith is proud to offer business and financial consulting services.
Because we work with clients who usually don’t have a covey of in-house accountants or lawyers, we become more involved with operational and business issues. In other words, we provide the services you would expect from a firm that is greatly interested in your total success.
Here is where BMSS greatly differs from other accounting firms. We are fully prepared to assist your company with:
- Assisting corporate financing
- Benchmarking and analytical review
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Business health checkup
- Business succession planning
- Buying/selling a business
- Cash-flow analysis and control
- Contract controller
- Hiring employees
- Internal control issues and structure reviews
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Pricing strategies
- Structure of equipment debt and working capital financing
- Turnaround services
- Workman’s compensation cost control
BMSS has significant experience advising its clients regarding acquisitions and dispositions of business entities, units and operations. This experience includes consulting regarding:
- the implications of asset versus stock (entity ownership units) transactions for entities taxed as C corporations (consolidated and non-consolidated), S corporations and partnerships,
- the possible advantages / disadvantages of different structural approaches, and
- the availability of, and planning for, tax-advantaged provisions of the Internal Revenue Code.
BMSS has also guided its clients through the compliance requirements often encountered in these transactions, including:
- the proper determination of the amount, timing and character of any gain or loss for the business and/or its owners from the transaction, and
- the filing of any applicable elections, disclosure statements, or IRS forms not typically required in the annual returns for a business and/or its owners.
BMSS Business Consulting Professionals
Keith Barfield has five children - Heather, Mitchell, Sacca, William, and Jillian. He is a founding member at Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith and has lead resp... read more
“We have been a very satisfied client of BMSS since 2000. We have found the staff to be very knowledgeable and professional in all aspects of their accounting services. More importantly, as we have learned, is their character and integrity that has earned the trust and respect of our senior management.”