Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith believes our firm and employees should be actively involved in the community. Character is one of our firm's core values and we believe character is nurtured through community service.
Just some of the projects and organizations in the Birmingham area we are involved with include:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Arthritis Foundation Jingle Bell Run - Winner largest team
- Young CPA Salvation Army Transitional Housing
- The ARC of Jefferson County
- American Red Cross & LifeSouth blood drives
- Linda Nolen Learning Center
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- aTeam Ministries
- American Heart Association Jail Bail for Heart
- American Cancer Society Cowboy Up for a Cure
- Collat Jewish Family Services Food Bank
- Big Oak Ranch
- Holy Family Cristo Rey Catholic High School
BMSS is also a member of Birmingham Business Alliance and the Hoover, Vestavia and Shelby County Chambers of Commerce.
Plus, our staff members are personally involved with several community organizations including Hoover Rotary, Girls Inc, Children's Aid Society, Shelby Humane Society, Turning Hearts Ministry, Birmingham Tip-Off Club, Alabama Golf Association, Better Basics, Chilcare Resources and the St. Vincent's Professional Advisory Board.
Employees receive 3 paid days off per year for their own personal volunteer efforts. We host charitable giving jeans days in our office where employees have the option to wear jeans in exchange for a donation to a selected organization.
CPA, CVA, AEP
Myra Roberts and her husband, Barry, have two children, Ashley and Tyler. A 1985 graduate of the University of Alabama, she is a member of Hunter Street Baptist Church.... read more
"Service, attentiveness, experience, value"