Governmental & Municipalities
With over 100 years of combined experience and 20 years devoted to the governmental industry, BMSS is known for having one of the premier accounting practices in Alabama.
BMSS professionals have deep industry knowledge and technical experience working with government entities, having developed a governmental niche, working with cities, counties, municipalities and government agencies with budgets from $1 - $500 million.
Offering a distinctly different choice, the BMSS Governmental Practice Group provides hands-on experience and technical skills to serve the unique needs of municipal clients. We supplement our technical approach by analyzing and advising our clients on the many elements of running a successful entity.
How does BMSS serve government agencies & municipalities?
- Advisory services
- Bookkeeping services
- Developing practical solutions to internal control issues
- Financial statement audits (including A-122 and A-133, “Yellow Book”)
- Financial statement reviews and compilations
- Identify ways to maximize the value you deliver to your residents and businesses
- Tax return preparation
We are a member of the AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center which is a voluntary membership designed to help CPAs meet the challenges of performing quality government audits in this unique and complex area.
Governmental agencies & municipalities need to maintain accurate accounting operations to uphold transparency, to apply for and receive needed funding and to correctly project cash flow. We can work with clients to maintain proper internal controls and provide insight and constructive suggestions that can result in improved operations and accounting procedures.
BMSS stays on top of changes affecting your industry. Our professionals actively participate in trade associations and continuing education opportunities with:
- AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center
- Alabama Association of Nonprofits
- BDO Seidman Alliance Governmental Industry Group
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board
BMSS Government & Municipalities Practice Group
Derrel Curry and his wife, Becky, have two children, Taylor and Parker. He graduated from the University of Alabama in 1983 with honors. ... read more
"Prompt, professional, personal"