Governmental & Municipalities
Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith professionals have deep industry knowledge and technical experience working with government entities, having developed a governmental niche, working with cities, counties, municipalities and government agencies with budgets from $1 - $500 million.
How Can BMSS Serve Government Entities?
- Advisory services
- Audits, specializing in “Yellow Book” A-133
- Developing practical solutions to internal control issues
- Developing real-time reports that assist in making management decisions
- Financial statement reviews and compilations
- Identify ways to maximize the value you deliver to your residents and businesses
- Tax consultation
Our professionals stay on top of changes affecting your industry by actively participating in trade associations and continuing education opportunities:
- AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center
- Alabama Association of Nonprofits
- Alabama League of Municipalities
- BDO Seidman Alliance Governmental Industry Group
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board
- Government Finance Officers Association
BMSS Government & Municipalities Practice Group
Derrel Curry and his wife, Becky, have two children, Taylor and Parker. He graduated from the University of Alabama in 1983 with honors. ... read more
"The people at BMSS are very knowledgeable and seem to really enjoy what they do. Their job satisfaction makes me feel assured the employee turnover will be low. Low employee turnover assures consistent ongoing knowledge of my operation without me spending time, effort and money having to reeducate their employees about my company."