Manager of Talent Development and Recruitment
Responsible for working with firm leadership to execute the firm’s strategic plan in the areas of employee relations, performance management, training and career development, and employee recruitment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a recruiting and new hire strategic plan in conjunction with firm leadership throughout all BMSS locations.
- Manages the recruiting process for colleges throughout Alabama, including on-campus events, job fairs, in-office interviews and hosted recruiting functions.
- Coaches, trains and supports BMSS team members who are involved in the recruiting process.
- Creates and maintains professional relationships with key campus personnel.
- Develops and maintains a recruiting pipeline for experienced hiring needs. Maintains contact with candidates met during the on-campus recruiting process who were hired by other firms.
- Coordinates job placement advertising, use of social media venues and internal job postings.
- Manages and coordinates the firm’s recruitment efforts utilizing applicant tracking systems.
- Recommends and monitors the firm’s annual recruiting budget.
- Proactively keeps up with recruiting and retention practices of competitors to ensure BMSS stays ahead of the competition.
- Designs and manages new employee on-boarding process.
- Develops and oversees the process of integrating new team members into the BMSS culture.
- Works with leadership to ensure the firm’s programs are designed to attract and retain the best and brightest.
- Oversees and manages career development programs, ensuring the appropriate training is provided and available. Establish baseline metrics to measure the success of the program.
- Supports Members, managers and supervisors with employee development and performance management including best methods for coaching, mentoring, counseling and discipline.
- Maintains a connection with staff at all levels and works to uncover, report and resolve HR challenges on a proactive basis where possible.
- Guides firm leaders and managers on best practices in employee relations and provide proactive intervention and directs support as needed.
- Conducts employee relations counseling. Assists employees and management in resolving conflicts through advice and recommendation.
- Acts as a resource to the employees in areas of employment issues, performance management, conflict resolution and professional development.
- Counsel staff regarding conflict resolution, harassment, and disciplinary actions.
- Assist firm leadership with effective communications to all employees, in BMSS and subsidiary companies, in all locations.
- Facilitates employee engagement and feedback communications by way of firm evaluations, surveys and meetings, etc.
- Manages annual performance evaluations.
- Provides oversight and support of the ongoing performance feedback system to ensure that it is delivering effective, immediate and continuous feedback, and to ensure that all employees are receiving appropriate feedback.
- Provides coaching and direction to management when performance issues are identified and need to be addressed, and ensures issues are addressed appropriately.
- Develops performance evaluation systems and processes that will be effective and scale as the firm continues to grow and expand into a larger, multi-location environment.
- Makes leadership aware of performance issues that are identified.
Training and Career Development
- Plans and coordinates general and specialized employee training, educational and development programs.
- Collaborates with specialists (i.e., tax & audit specialists) to develop training curriculum for niches and specialties.
- Develops appropriate video library of training curriculum to efficiently and effectively educate team members in a multi-location environment.
- Communicates with scheduling committee to identify gaps in development and/or training needs.
- Develops systems to match and identify appropriate training of identified competencies needed for career progression.
- Develops appropriate soft skills training and development programs.
- Works with leadership to maintain consistency across all locations with job descriptions, competencies, and firm communications.
- Monitors continuing education for accountants.
Human Resources Administration
- Works in conjunction with Payroll and Benefits Manager as necessary on compensation and compliance matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation. Monitors new and proposed legislation for state and federal employment laws.
- Conducts exit interviews and assists with terminations.
- Develops relationships within BDO Alliance to ensure BMSS is fully utilizing resources available.
- At least 5 years of experience working in Human Resources
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Human Resources
- Relates and communicates well with all levels of personnel
- Exhibits consistent attention to detail and follow-up
- Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing a diverse and demanding work load
- Ability to travel throughout the State of Alabama as needed, and to BDO Alliance programs and other conferences when applicable.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to David King at firstname.lastname@example.org