“The opportunity to serve others is one of the greatest privileges of human life.”
Abigail joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2014 as an intern, and became a full-time staff accountant in 2015. Her responsibilities include tax preparation for closely held entities in various industries, preparing individual tax returns, tax research and planning, and assisting with audits of private businesses and nonprofit entities.
Abigail attributes her growing success in part to her optimism and enthusiasm. Her desire to help reduce the stress/anxiety of financial planning and tax compliance for individuals and small businesses is what led her to accounting.
Abigail grew up in Decatur, Alabama and currently resides in Birmingham where she enjoys the natural landscapes that surround the area. In her free time, she can be found reading, running, playing ultimate Frisbee or rock climbing.
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Auburn University, summa cum laude
- Master of Accountancy, 2015
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, accounting concentration, 2014
- ASCPA Accounting Achievement Award