“Provide peace of mind by treating others the way I would like to be treated.”
Brad joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2014. He is a supervisor in the tax department working primarily with tax and consulting work for closely-held businesses.
Prior to joining Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith, Brad worked as a senior accountant at a local accounting firm. Being a diligent and detail-oriented person, he loves the work he does and credits this for his growing success. In the past, Brad has helped clients detect fraud and has helped develop ad valorem closing procedures to inform clients when their returns were filed.
Brad grew up in Anniston, Alabama and currently resides in Hoover with his wife, Cara. When he isn’t in the office, Brad loves being outdoors, golfing and playing other sports.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- University of Alabama
- Masters of Tax Accounting, 2010
- Bachelor of Science, Commerce and Business Administration, Accounting, 2009
- The Red Flags Rule: Does This Apply to Governmental Entities?
- Qualifying Income for Publicly Traded Partnerships – Updated Regulations Issued
- New Professional Employer Organization (PEO) Service and Product Offerings
- Your Biggest Cybersecurity Threat May Not Be Technology
- Protect Your Plan – Hiring Qualified Plan Auditors
- New Job-Related Tax Credits Available in Alabama
- Hot SALT Tips of the First Quarter 2017
- BMSS Welcomes Its Newest Employees
- Proposed Tax Reform Plans – How Could They Affect You?
- Completed-Contract Method Permitted for Grading and Soil Compaction Long-Term Contracts
New Thought Leadership
Share: Rising Stars of Birmingham BusinessCongratulations to Mark Underhill for being named one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s Rising Stars of Birmingham Business! Mark works primarily with privately held companies and their owners in the areas of tax compliance, planning and consulting. Thought LeadershipZebraFest: It’s Not a Safari Themed Coachella.The Red Flags Rule: Does This […]