“Provide peace of mind by treating others the way I would like to be treated.”
Brad joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2014. He is a supervisor in the tax department working primarily with tax and consulting work for closely-held businesses.
Prior to joining Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith, Brad worked as a senior accountant at a local accounting firm. Being a diligent and detail-oriented person, he loves the work he does and credits this for his growing success. In the past, Brad has helped clients detect fraud and has helped develop ad valorem closing procedures to inform clients when their returns were filed.
Brad grew up in Anniston, Alabama and currently resides in Hoover with his wife, Cara. When he isn’t in the office, Brad loves being outdoors, golfing and playing other sports.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- University of Alabama
- Masters of Tax Accounting, 2010
- Bachelor of Science, Commerce and Business Administration, Accounting, 2009
- Welcome BMSS’ Newest Employees
- Mapping a Route Through Industry Saturation
- Work in the Architecture/Engineering Industry? The R&D Tax Credit Could Apply to You.
- Zebrafest 2017
- Congratulations to our 2017 Promotees!
- Big Time Service, Small Town Feel
- Does Human Capital Still Add Value in Investing?
- Reaching the Elusive Millennial Market
- The Red Flags Rule: Does This Apply to Governmental Entities?
- Qualifying Income for Publicly Traded Partnerships – Updated Regulations Issued
New Thought Leadership
Share: Rising Stars of Birmingham BusinessCongratulations to Mark Underhill for being named one of the Birmingham Business Journal’s Rising Stars of Birmingham Business! Mark works primarily with privately held companies and their owners in the areas of tax compliance, planning and consulting. Thought LeadershipWelcome BMSS’ Newest EmployeesMapping a Route Through Industry SaturationNot Just Number CrunchersWork […]
Share: Go Film Alabama! Written by Mark Underhill, CPA All across the country, various state and local governments have been trying to lure film and entertainment companies to their location to produce their next project. They entice films with various incentives ranging from state tax credits to sales and use tax exemptions, and everything in […]