“Always respond, even if it’s to indicate when you should be able to answer.”
Brian joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2002. As a senior manager, he serves clients in areas of accounting and auditing within various industries. With a main emphasis in the construction industry, Brian also has experience working with businesses in other industries such as credit unions, financial services, insurance, manufacturing and employee benefit plans. He also provides services in general accounting, taxation and business consulting.
His colleagues and clients would describe Brian as happy and composed. He is always willing to help coworkers and is an exceptional educator on the subject of accounting. Brian enjoys the challenge that his career provides.
Brian grew up in Dothan, Alabama and currently resides in Hoover with his wife, Eve, and two children. In his free time, he enjoys golfing, fishing and spending time with his children.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Subcontractors Association of Alabama
- Associated General Contractors of Alabama
- Troy University
- Master of Business Administration, Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration