“Treat every client as the most important client.”
Cherion joined the Barfield, Murphy, Shank, & Smith team in 2012 and currently serves as a member at the firm. Her primary focus is on private client services, financial planning and tax with an emphasis in planning, compliance and administration for estates and trusts. She serves individuals, nonprofit organizations, and businesses in various industries.
Cherion has over 20 years of experience in the accounting profession and attributes her success to her faith and strong family support. Inspired at a young age by her brother’s successful small business, she gained insight into the day-to-day demands that business owners face and realized the value that a CPA can bring. Whether it is working with the client through the challenges of business succession, or resolving a difficult IRS audit, she especially enjoys providing her clients with peace of mind.
Cherion grew up in Muscle Shoals, Alabama and currently resides in Birmingham with her husband, Barry, and their two children.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Personal Financial Planning Section
- Tax Section
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Board Member
- Estate Planning Council of Birmingham
- Financial Planning Association
- Childcare Resources
- 2016 Board Chairman
- University of North Alabama – Bachelor of Science, Accounting and Economics, summa cum laude