David joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 1996. He is a member and COO for the firm. David is responsible for all aspects of the firm’s administration, management and strategic planning.
Prior to joining the BMSS team, David worked in banking for seven years. His success has come from hard work and his constant search for ways to improve administration, management and strategy.
David grew up in Talladega, Alabama. He currently resides in Birmingham with his wife, Stacy, and their three children. He and his wife are active members of Briarwood Presbyterian Church. In his free time, David enjoys running, exercising and playing golf.
- Accredited Administrator of Accounting Practice Management (AAAPM)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- CPA Firm Management Association (CPAFMA)
- Auburn Alumni Association
- Auburn University – BS Accounting 1988
- University of Alabama at Birmingham – MBA 1993