“Do the best you possibly can.”
Lauren joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2011 as a senior accountant and now serves as a manager in the firm’s audit department. She works primarily with construction companies and employee benefit plan audits. Lauren’s accomplishments include completing audits for clients to meet governmental requirements.
Lauren attributes her success to her loyalty and strong work ethic as well as the support of her parents and her faith in God. With her love of numbers, accounting seemed like the best career path for her.
Lauren has lived in Georgia and Texas before coming to McCalla, Alabama where she lives with her husband, Joseph, and their two children. In her free time, she enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with friends and family.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Samford University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting, 2007
- Masters in Accountancy, 2008