Luke joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2013 and is a senior accountant at the firm. He works primarily with construction, manufacturing and credit union clients. In the past, he has assisted in counting a bulk inventory for a client in a very efficient manner that led to peace of mind for the client when trying to value their company’s inventory and scrap.
Luke was inspired to go into the accounting profession after a college professor encouraged him to give accounting a try. He found that he really enjoyed the classes and saw the need for accountants in the workforce.
Luke grew up in Gadsden, Alabama and graduated from Southside High School before attending the University of Alabama. He and his wife, Stephanie, and their son currently reside in Pelham. They attend Hunter Street Baptist Church and enjoy attending any type of sporting event.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- University of Alabama
- Bachelor of Science, Commerce and Business Administration, 2012
- Master of Accountancy, 2013