Personal Service Philosophy
“Clients should be treated with kindness and helpfulness in every interaction and never be made to feel as though they are an inconvenience.”
Lynn joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2017. Her responsibilities include providing tax preparation and assurance services for a variety of clients in a variety of industries. Prior to joining BMSS, Lynn worked for a life insurance company while putting herself through school.
Known as being cheerful and determined, Lynn chose the accounting profession after concluding that Pre-Pharmacy involved more chemistry than she wanted. She loves numbers and realized that accounting was the logical choice for her and has not regretted the switch in professions. Her favorite quote is “You can’t be a smart cookie if you have a crumbly attitude.” Why? Because she loves cookies.
Lynn grew up in Chipley, FL but moved to Auburn after high school where she continues the family tradition of being a huge Auburn fan. She and her husband, Michael, have seven children and five grandchildren. In her spare time, she loves to spend time with her family and their morkie, Sophie.
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Mu Alpha Theta Honor Society
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- 2017 Troy University Most Outstanding Student in the Accounting Program
- Troy University
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Southern Union State
- Management – Accounting Option