“To provide a quality product in a timely manner.”
Patrick joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith as a senior accountant in 2001 and has worked his way up to his current position as member. He primarily assists clients with audits, reviews, compilations, AUPs and consulting. Patrick’s experience includes working with government and nonprofit entities, employee benefit plans, and manufacturing and construction companies. In particular, he assists clients during mergers and acquisitions, debt restructuring, strategic planning and has consulted clients regarding financial and operational issues. He regularly presents financial statements and other reports to business owners and boards of directors.
With over 17 years of accounting experience, Patrick attributes much of his success to his great clients, as well as the time spent developing mentorships with members in the firm.
Patrick was inspired to get into accounting, by Dr. Ratcliffe at Troy University who always had a way of making accounting students feel like the “cool” kids. Patrick’s favorite book is Band of Brothers because “trust and accountability were on display through every mission.”
Patrick grew up in Greenville, Alabama and currently resides in Hoover with his wife, Bennett, and their two sons. He enjoys watching his children play sports and hopes to get back into hunting and fishing.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Government Financial Officers Association
- Alabama Association of Nonprofits
- Troy University Accounting Hall of Fame
- Birmingham Business Journal “Top 40 under 40”
- Troy University
- Master of Business Administration, Accounting, 1999
- Bachelor of Science, 1998