“Treat others as you would like to be treated.”
Robby joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2014 and currently works as a senior accountant at the firm. He specializes in providing audit and tax services for clients in construction, financial services, manufacturing, and other industries.
Before joining Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith, Robby worked as an intern at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama. During his time there, he researched, organized and presented information regarding healthcare reform. Robby attributes his success to his hard work, competitive nature, and desire to learn. After seeing the way corporate accounting fraud impacted his family and others in Birmingham, Robby became very interested in accounting and was inspired to pursue a career as an auditor. It is this event that constantly reminds him how important it is to make the best ethical decisions at work and in everyday life.
Robby grew up in Birmingham and currently lives in Hoover with his wife, Amanda. He enjoys sports, especially golf and baseball. When he’s not at the office, Robby can be found exercising, playing sports, and spending time with friends and family.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Birmingham Young CPAs
- Jacksonville State University baseball scholarship
- University of Alabama Fellowship Scholarship
- Ohio Valley Conference Academic Medal of Honor
- President’s list
- Daugette Award (Jacksonville State University) – awarded to male graduate w/ highest GPA
- Riverchase Student Ministries small group leader
- University of Alabama, Master of Accountancy, 2014
- Jacksonville State University, Bachelor of Science, 2013