“Work until the work is done.”
Zach joined the Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith team in 2015. As a senior accountant, he specializes in employee benefit plan, governmental, for-profit and not-for-profit audits. Zach is Yellowbook certified and works on audits that require FAR or single audits. He also has experience in serving clients in the manufacturing and banking industries.
Prior to joining the BMSS team, Zach worked for two years at a local accounting firm providing personal and business tax returns as well as governmental auditing. Many would describe him as an outgoing, hard-working individual. Zach attributes his success to his supportive wife and family. His favorite quote comes from Walt Disney, who said, “It all started with a Mouse,” implying that great ideas can start small.
Zach was born in Montgomery and now lives in Birmingham with his wife, Whitney, and their three pets, Titan, Bella and Mickey. Both are professed Disney addicts and visit at least twice a year.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Young Professionals of Birmingham
- UAB Alumni Association
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Delta Epsilon Iota
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Bachelors in Accounting – 2011
- Masters in Accounting – 2013