Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith has been a valued business advisor to transportation companies since the formation of our firm. We understand this highly-competitive industry faces challenges around every turn and that a transportation company’s success can depend on swift management decisions and trusted guidance from sound advisors.
With 20-plus years of experience to address a myriad of accounting, tax and other financial issues for our transportation clients, BMSS has a real understanding of key issues that affect your operations. Our knowledge comes from team members’ years of experience directly in your industry, focused continuing education and successful consulting with similar businesses.
BMSS goes far beyond the accounting and tax services a typical CPA firm might offer, we focus on providing value-added services such as:
- Advised how to better track costs by truck – allowing you to make decisions when to replace trucks
- Develop systems to help better manage cash flow
- Lease accounting
- Multi-state tax and business license issues
- Revenue recognition
- Review financial statements with clients and perform quarterly reviews
- Review track leases vs. purchasing trucks
- Succession and continuity planning
- Work to reduce costs in areas such as worker’s compensation and insurance
BMSS Transportation Group
Ross Mendheim and his wife, Jessica, have three sons. He enjoys hunting and camping. Ross is a Member at Barfield, Murphy, Shank &... read more
“We have been a very satisfied client of BMSS since 2000. We have found the staff to be very knowledgeable and professional in all aspects of their accounting services. More importantly, as we have learned, is their character and integrity that has earned the trust and respect of our senior management.”